Representing clients in the energy, telecommunications, water and utility industries today requires a thorough understanding of the history and purposes of regulation, the current tenor of regulation by relevant Federal and State Agencies, and the objectives of the clients within these regulations in the context of their business and growth. Our attorney’s broad experience in utilities regulation, including a long-standing concentrations in cable television, telephone, solid waste, water, electric and gas, enables the Firm to apply a thorough understanding of the regulated industries and related regulatory issues to resolve new challenges for our clients as they evolve. As party of our public and private utilities practice, we provide a full range of legal services, including:
- Municipal refranchising and negotiations with municipalities and Federal and State Agencies, including but not limited to the Board of Public Utilities for the State of New Jersey
- Litigation and all forms of dispute resolution, contract negotiation and regulatory compliance counseling
- Regulatory proceedings and their effect on future regulations and our client’s business needs
- Comments and opinions on regulations and their applicability to specific issues
- Issues regarding rates and pricing
- Riparian rights and easements and disputes arising therefrom
- Service extension agreements
The law firm has decades of experience representing major utilities, both public and private, large utility customers, municipalities and government entities in various venues, including the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and State and Federal Courts. Our experience in cable television, electric, gas, telephone, water, solid waste, resource recovery and landfill matters allows us to navigate through the unchartered waters of utility deregulation and consolidation, bringing creative analyses and new approaches to an ever-changing body of law and environment. Our attorneys can assist any company or individual through the complex waters of energy and utility law.
Our firm additionally provides coordination of support in the areas of business financing, mergers and acquisitions, and all aspects of commercial and corporate litigation to provide coverage for all areas that may arise in the energy, telecommunication and utilities areas.
If you are seeking attorneys with a high level of sophistication, business acumen and experience to assist you with public utilities issues, call our Firm at (201) 947-4100 for a consultation.
Public Utilities areas of focus include:
- Cable Television
- Regulatory and Refranchising